Our authors are recommended to read the Purpose and Scope heading on ourwebsite before submitting their work to our journal.
1. Publication Ethics
The Journal of Milel and Nihal adheres to the highest standards of publication ethics. It adopts principles published by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE), the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ), the Open Access Scholarly Publishers Association (OASPA), and the World Association of Medical Editors (WAME). Click here for the relevant ethical principles.
2. Research Ethics
The Journal of Milel and Nihaladopts the following international research ethics principles. In this context, the ethical responsibility of the submitted studies belongs to the authors.
The journal adopts the highest standards in research ethics and adopts the international research ethics principles defined below. The compliance of the articles with the ethical rules is the responsibility of the authors.
• Principles of integrity, quality and transparency should be ensured all stages of designing the research, reviewing the design, and conducting the research.
• The research team and participants, should be fully informed about the purpose of the research, its methods and possible uses; the necessities and risks, if any.
• Confidentiality of information provided by research participants and confidentiality of respondents should be ensured. Research should be designed in a way that preserves the autonomy and dignity of the participants.
• Research participants should take part in the research voluntarily and should not be under any coercion.
• Any type of damage/harm to the participants should be avoided. The research should be planned in such a way that it does not put the participants at risk.
• Be clear about research independence; If there is a conflict of interest, it should be stated.
• If the study will be carried out in any institution or organization, approval must be obtained from that institution or organization.
• In studies with a human element, it should be stated in the “methods” section that “informed consent” was obtained from the participants and ethics committee approval was obtained from the institution where the study was conducted.
3. Writing Principles
Manuscripts should preferably be written in a PC Microsoft Office Word (Word 97 or higher version) program or prepared by following similar format. The total length of the article to be submitted along with its attachments should not exceed 7,000 words (1,500 words for book introductions and criticism articles, and academic short notes).
Manuscripts should be prepared in Microsoft Word in A4 size page. Page margins should be 2.5 cm from all sides.
Both Turkish and English titles of the article should be written. Notes regarding the submitted article author's title, institution, e-mail address and ORCID information should be given as footnotes to the author's name. Click for a sample title page.
Abstarct and Key Words
The submitted article should contain both Turkish and English abstracts. Abstracts should not exceed 200 words. A minimum of 3 and a maximum of 5 keywords in Turkish and English should be provided with the article.
• In the text (body) part, preferably Times New Roman font should be used with font size of 10, while in footnotes and bibliography, the same font style should be with font size of 8. 1.2 line spacing should be used for the text whereas single line spacing should be used for footnotes and bibliography.
• Each word of the titles should be capitalized i.e., the first letter of the words in all titles and sub-titles, including the title of the article, should be capitalized while the remaining letters in the same word should be in lowercase. All titles should be in bold text.
Citation and Bibliography
Milel and Nihal Journal uses CMOS 17 (The Chicago Manual of Style Online-17th edition) system for citation and bibliography. Click to see examples of Chicago citation and bibliography style.
• Footnotes should be shown at the bottom of the page in the article. References should be added at the end of the article.
• Click to see some abbreviations used in footnotes and bibliography.
• For the same sources cited for the second time in the footnotes; only the surname or preferred name of the author, short name of the work, volume and page number should be written.
• For Arabic works initials of the first word and proper nouns should be written in capital letters while the rest should be written in lowercase letters. For Persian, English, etc. and works in other foreign languages and written in Ottoman Turkish, the initials of each word of the titles must be capitalized.
• Verses should be given in the order of the sura name, sura no/ verse no (for example, Baccarat, 2/10). The hadith number, if any, should be specified in hadith works. Quotations from other scriptures should be written as book/chapter title, chapter number: sentence number (example, Genesis, 1:3).
In articles, numerical values, statistical information, maps and visual products that are not made for the article and have no original value should not be used as much as possible; If necessary, such statistical information should be expressed with numerical values in the text form instead of colored columns.*
Statement of Acknowledgment
Acknowledgement of support from people/funding agencies should be mentioned at the end of the article.*