The Journal of Milel and Nihal adheres to the highest standards of publication ethics. It adopts principles published by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE), the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ), the Open Access Scholarly Publishers Association (OASPA), and the World Association of Medical Editors (WAME). Click here for the relevant ethical principles.
• Submitted articles must meet scientific originality criteria, be original, unpublished, and not be in the process of consideration in another journal.
• Each article is pre-checked by one of the editors.
• The articles that pass the pre-check are transferred to the Spelling and Language Editor and examined in terms of both the journal's spelling and grammar standards.
• If the submitted article is deemed appropriate, it is forwarded to two reviewers for evaluation. Double-blinded review is applied in our journal.
• Plagiarism, copying, false authorship/denied authorship, research/data fabrication, dividing the article in parts, copyright infringement and concealment of conflict of interest are considered unethical behaviors.
• All articles that do not comply with accepted ethical standards are removed from the publication.
Milel and Nihal Journal adopts the following international research ethics principles. In this context, the ethical responsibility of the submitted studies belongs to the authors.
The journal adopts the highest standards in research ethics and adopts the international research ethics principles defined below. The compliance of the articles with the ethical rules is the responsibility of the authors.
• Principles of integrity, quality and transparency should be ensured all stages of designing the research, reviewing the design, and conducting the research.
• The research team and participants, should be fully informed about the purpose of the research, its methods and possible uses; the necessities and risks, if any.
• Confidentiality of information provided by research participants and confidentiality of respondents should be ensured. Research should be designed in a way that preserves the autonomy and dignity of the participants.
• Research participants should take part in the research voluntarily and should not be under any coercion.
• Any type of damage/harm to the participants should be avoided. The research should be planned in such a way that it does not put the participants at risk.
• Be clear about research independence; If there is a conflict of interest, it should be stated.
• If the study will be carried out in any institution or organization, approval must be obtained from that institution or organization.
• In studies with a human element, it should be stated in the “methods” section that “informed consent” was obtained from the participants and ethics committee approval was obtained from the institution where the study was conducted.
The Responsibility of the Editorial Board
• The Editorial Board of Milel and Nihal is responsible for every article submitted to Journal, and the Board knows this responsibility. This responsibility is solely for the public interest in the decisions made on issues related to the journal; requires independent decision-making without considering personal gain. The relationship between the publisher and the Editorial Board is based on the principle of independence, all decisions taken by the editors are independent of the publisher and other individuals and organizations.
• The Editorial Board of Milel and Nihal is responsible for determining and implementing journal policies such as publication, blind review, evaluation process, and ethical principles.
• The Editorial Board asserts the copyrights of the authors who had published on the Journal of Milel and Nihal.
• The Editorial Board is responsible for preparing and updating guidelines for authors and reviewers within the scope of the publication policy of the Journal.
• The Editorial Board keeps the records of each article and correspondence about the journal electronically or in print.
The Ethical Responsibilities of the Editor and Co-Editors
• Editors are responsible for the general quality of the Journal of Milel ve Nihal.
• Editors are open and transparent in their communication with referees and authors to ensure that processes such as article submission, evaluation and publication are carried out smoothly. They try to provide the information and feedback they need.
• While deciding whether to publish the articles, the editors take care to ensure that the articles are original and that they will contribute to the relevant scientific field.
• Editors take into consideration the publication policy and scope of publication of the Journal of Milel and Nihal during the preliminary and final evaluation stages.
• When the editors decide that the submitted articles are in compliance with the publication policy, they start the preliminary evaluation process by assigning an editor.
• Editors assign the Copy Editor to evaluate the conformity of the submitted article with the publication format and writing principles of the Journal of Milel and Nihal.
• Editors apply the policies of blind reviewing and evaluation process to the articles approved by the Copy Editor, keep the identity of the reviewers confidential, and ensure that each article is evaluated impartially and on time.
• Editors take their fields of expertise into account when assigning reviewers.
• Editors consider whether there is a conflict of interest / unity of interest between the editors, reviewers and authors for the objective evaluation of the article.
• Editors strive to ensure that the pool of reviewers consists of a wide range and is constantly updated.
• Editors prevent academically unethical and unscientific reviews.
• Editors ensure that the journal publication processes are operated in accordance with the publication policies and guidelines, and they inform those in charge of the developments in the publication policies.
• Editors stay effectively in communication with everyone involved in the publication process.
• Editors ensure the protection of personal data in the evaluated articles; they protect the individual data of authors, reviewers and readers.
• Editors pay attention to the protection of human and animal rights in articles, and documenting the explicit consent of their contributors in articles. If there is no ethics committee approval for the participants, they reject the article.
• Editors ensure that errors, inconsistencies or misdirection in articles are corrected.
• Editors take into account the consistent criticisms of the articles published in the journal, and give the right to reply to the authors of the criticized articles.
The Ethical Responsibilities of the Reviewers
In the article evaluation process, the Journal of Milel and Nihal applies the principle of double-blind reviewing, in which the authors and the reviewers do not know each others. Reviewers cannot communicate directly with authors. Article evaluation forms, notes on the text and correction requests are sent to the author by the editor assigned to the article through the Dergipark system. The obligations expected from the reviewers in the articles submitted to the Journal are as follows:
• The reviewers undertake to make the evaluation within the time assigned to them by the system in impartiality and confidentiality. Reviewers who cannot complete their evaluation within the specified time are expected to request additional time from the editors.
• The reviewers have to conduct the review free from worries about nationality, religious belief and political view in order to preserve the principle of objectivity.
• When the reviewers understand that there is a conflict of interest / unity of interest, they should refuse to evaluate the article and inform the editors.
• Reviewers should make the evaluation in accordance with academic ethics, in a constructive language, and avoid personal comments that include insults and hostility.
The Ethical Responsibilities of the Authors
The ethical responsibilities of the authors who applied to Milel and Nihal Journal are as follows:
• • The author is responsible for the pertinence of the article with ethical and scientific rules.
• The author should not send an article, which has already published elsewhere or sent for publication, to Milel ve Nihal. In addition, they should not apply to the Journal with more than one article at the same time.
•The author must submit to the Journal with an authentic article.
• The sources used by the author during the writing of the article should be cited correctly in line with ethical principles.
• The author should use copyrighted materials in his article only with permission, and observe copyright laws and agreements.
• The author must make the revisions requested by the editors during the evaluation phase, within the specified time, and answer the evaluations from the reviewers in an academic style.
• The author should contact the editor to inform, correct or retract when he notices an error in an article that is in the evaluation and early view stage or published in electronically.
• The author should obtain ethics committee approval for research that requires data collection by quantitative or qualitative methods such as experiments, questionnaires, scales, interviews, observations, focus group studies that require an ethics committee decision, and upload the document showing the relevant approval to the system with the application of the article.
• Articles should be scanned by their authors in the iThenticate program and uploaded to the system. Studies that do not have a scientific conformity report are rejected without preliminary evaluation.